Come and Visit Us
Just 45 minutes from Hobart, Dunalley is a small town by the sea with a canal and swing bridge separating it from the Tasman Peninsula.
Bangor Wine & Oyster Shed sits above the town, overlooking Bangor Vineyard, Blackman Bay, Marion Bay and Norfolk Bay where some of Australia's best oysters are grown. You can visit us for wine tasting, delicious fresh seafood & more, with a unique retail shop selling local food delicacies. You'll probably also see Tom shucking his oysters, and Matt pruning his vines!
Sit by the fire or out in the fresh air. Take a day trip or drop in on your way through to Port Arthur. We are sure you will enjoy our 'paddock to plate' philosophy, with farm fresh food and wine in an unsurpassed location.
Why not arrive in style? Par Avion run scenic helicopter flights directly to Bangor Shed, including a leisurely lunch (bookings via their website).
Open 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week. Bookings are recommended, particularly on weekends.
- Open 364 days a year from 10am to 5pm
- A menu of fresh seafood, platters and delicious Bangor beef pies
- Wine, coffee, cider and soft drinks
- A wood fire and room for 80 seated guests
- Spectacular water views
- Stories of our farms, our history and the best produce of our region
- Children are welcome
- Plenty of parking
Bangor Shed is ideally located on your way to or from the many attractions on the Tasman Peninsula, including:
- Port Arthur Historic Site;
- Tasman Island Cruises;
- Coal Mines Historic Site;
- Tessellated Pavement, Devil's Kitchen, Tasman Arch and the Blowhole;
- Waterfall Bay;
- The iconic Three Capes Track;
- A number of Tasmania's 60 Great Short Walks, including Cape Hauy, Cape Raoul and Bivouac Bay;
- William McHenry & Sons Distillery;
- Many other beautiful walks, surf beaches and attractions.
We are more than happy to suggest some things to do as well - just let us know how we can help, or try the interactive trip planner below!